AI Aims and Characteristics
1. Address institutional problems (such as nepotism, corruption, weak institutions, traditional administration arrangements, low level use of technology, poor performance, etc).
2. To balance the bottom-up vs top-down mix
3. To balance democracy vs communism
5. Multi-party representation
6. Use of technology, and especially social media, to spread information
7. To enrich civil society
8. Increased use of social movements to demand public accountability
9. Involve young people in politics
10. Extensive use of social media
11. Empower young people through training; monitor local government performance; produce performance graphs; network with NGOs; encourage dialogue.